Mixed Berry Chia Preserves
- 4 cups of fresh organic fruit of your choice. Frozen fruit works, too, just make sure to defrost or gently warm on the stove before adding the additional ingredients. I used raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries to create a "mixed berry" preserve.
- 1/4 cup of organic Chia seeds (give or take, depending on how thick you want your preserve to be.
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- A small squeeze of fresh organic lemon juice, lime juice OR a little bit of citrus rind, to taste.
- If you need to cut some of the tartness with a sweetener, I would suggest pure organic Maple syrup, to taste, but you could also use agave, just as well.
- Thaw fruit (if frozen)
- Transfer fruit to a large bowl or pot.
- Stir in chia seeds
- Add citrus juice (or rind), vanilla, and sweetener of choice, to taste.
- Use an immersion blender, briefly, to chop the fruit and mix the ingredients (as pictured), or use a food processor.
- Transfer preserve to a glass jar.
- Cover and place in the fridge to thicken (about an hour).