Healthy waffles? For reals?
Yes! Check out these 100% plant-based Spinach & Oat Waffles that my daughter and I made the other day. You are not going to believe how quick and easy these are to make, and best of all, they are totally healthy and DELICIOUS.
- 2 cups of organic oats (milled)
- 1-2 large handfuls of organic baby spinach
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice/optional (we used Ora Organics)
- Water to the consistency of your liking. (A thinner batter will make for a lighter waffle, and a thicker batter will produce a more dense waffle).
- A splash of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Fresh organic fruit
- Pure maple syrup
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Pre-heat waffle iron
- Grind oats in a food processor to create an oat flour
- Mix all ingredients together (except for the toppings).
- Pour mixture into waffle iron and cook.
- Top with fresh fruit of your choice (we had bananas on hand, so that's what we used.)
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and some pure maple syrup.